The core of our Indigenous Inclusion Policy is the recognition that strategic alliances
between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal individuals and companies will benefit all parties
and lead to the establishment of a long-term positive relationship.
Indigenous Inclusive Policy
- Meeting Aboriginal Leaders to discuss economic opportunities our company can offer – and introducing our project management team
- Our Aboriginal Coordinator dedicated to all aspects of our company’s employment, training, contracting and human resource objectives
- Providing administrative and financial support to Aboriginal entrepreneurs for business acquisition and development that results in a successful business model for both newcomers and established contractors alike
- Listening to land use, resource planning and environmental concerns that may directly impact the Aboriginal peoples affected by project development – to reach a mutual agreement on solutions
- Creativity and ongoing evolution in policies and approach as relationships with Aboriginal people and business change and grow
- Linking efforts with patience – solid long-term relationships take time
DENT is committed to respect engagement with Indigenous communities when working within
traditional territories and has endeavored to build long term impactful relationships. DENT is proud to
have aligned with several Indigenous communities in BC in support of their economic development
DENT and Shxw’ow’hamel have formed the Ventures -Dent LLP Partnership in the Traditional territory of
the Shxw’ow’hamel First Nation to provide local expertise to major projects in the area. A track record
of successful projects has been established and this team is ready for the upcoming opportunities.
Dease River Development Corporation
DENT and DRDC have formed the DENT Kaska Construction Joint Venture and is poised to assist in full
scope construction within the Kaska Traditional territory in Northern BC and Southern Yukon. Mining
companies, government agencies, energy companies and other project owners can look to this JV to
provide a fully experienced team to address their needs in the North.
Cheslatta Carrier Nation
DENT is pleased to join CCN in BC’s Northern Interior to provide services to the major industrial projects
in this area.
Lower Kootenay Development Corporation
The Yakan Nukiy people of the Lower Kootenay has seen many of the waterways dammed in the area as
well as some other significant mining and infrastructure projects. DENT brings vast experience in Hydro
electric project experience as well as heavy civil construction capabilities to this joint venture.